Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Jesus camp and God's army

Yesterday I saw a programme about children of Jesus Camp. It's a camp where children taught to become Evangelical Christian soldiers. The are radicalised at very young to become preachers of God. God's army? See www.jesuscampthemovie.com. I saw a lot of anger and tears. They were chanting and they were nearly unconscious. Words like goverment and war were used by grown-up preachers.

Being raised Christian, I accept all religions but it feels that many people nowadays use word religion as a political tool. One young boy in the movie said that when he sees non-christian, he feels bad, unconnected and it felt that he hated them.... at this young age...?

I believe that they are brainwashed at this age... seven years old to twelve years old.... They don't really make decisions... They do what they told....

From my personal experience, I can tell you that I was able to understand religion when I was 16 or 17.... even now I'm realising who I am and what religion means to me. I'm very happy that I dicsovered sikhism... it wasn't pushed on me... wasn't forced....

No comments: